Thursday 4 December 2014

A Bit of Christmas Cooking

My niece gave me a great terracotta  bread pan for my birthday. 


So today I decided to try it out. I have made Stollen before so decided to try and adapt it to make a different shape. All went well in the making.


I managed to shape it to the dish with a layer of marzipan in the middle.


On went the plastic shower cap to prove it.


It still looked pretty good when it came out of the oven.


I then alas realised my mistake. Not reading the blurb on the packet and seasoning the dish.....
Easing it out was tricky and a bit of rebuilding was needed!


Nevertheless a bit of icing tidied it up a little and there have been no complaints from the family when eating it!


2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely, was this when the great icing sugar disaster occurred?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it looks pretty excellent to me

    ReplyDelete