Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pairs: Looking Through

It is time again to join in Helena's Pairs. I am inspired today by a comment Helena made on my my blog on Monday. We visited the Elizabethan Montacute House with our visitors. There is a pair of matching summerhouses/gazebos at either corner of the garden. Here they both are taken 
Through the Window taken in the Orangery.


Then the other Through the Door


You can just see it on the right. I had to take this one quickly while nobody was in the way and the National Trust Steward was trying to lock up! There will be more pictures tomorrow.


9 comments:

  1. great fun - I do love 'looking out' photos and a view framed

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pair...I LOVE the view through the window..great photograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is pretty - I like the different ways of looking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photo through the window - very clever. What did you think of Montacute House?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there several times before but I must admit this time I thought it lacked atmosphere. I don't think it helped that we were late going into the house (4 and it closed at 4.30!) the stewards were checking their watches! I was also a little confused about their statements of exchanging furniture in lieu of tax and must look this up.

      Delete
  5. Both are great visual options - could not pick a favourite. Looking forward to tomorrow's photo post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking through photos, I haven't visited Montacute for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love photos through windows..the view takes on a magical frame

    ReplyDelete
  8. The framing of both photos is wonderful! I love both of these.

    ReplyDelete