Tuesday 25 September 2018

Can You Resist?

There is that real feel of Autumn in the air and the tell tale signs are there in the garden. The pumpkins are ready for picking.


Apples are ripe.


The sunflowers are getting past their best.


Other seed heads are appearing.


Out in the fields how many of you could walk past this without picking it up?



I had The Boy here today and after a peep in the trough looking for the goldfish.


It was time for some serious conker searching.


Not many can resist the temptation of a shiny new conker and we soon had quite a bag full.


Then it was time for a few sweet chestnuts.  A far more prickly proposition.


The Boy soon had quite a handful but a bit more ripening is needed.



4 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is great! I had no joy with mine this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hunting for conkers with our grandsons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that conkers (chestnuts) keep spiders away, so I'll be visiting the two local chestnut trees this week. Pumpkins mean only one thing - it's nearly Thanksgiving & time for pumpkin pie/cheesecake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The conkers (I'd not heard that term before) remind me of the buckeyes we used to pick up in Ohio---suitable known as the Buckeye State.

    ReplyDelete