Sunday 29 November 2020

Tools

 Today I am joining Eileen in her monthly photo hunt. The theme for November was Tools. My photos are mainly taken without leaving the farm. The first are indeed around the garden where it is not uncommon for tools to be left where they were last used.






Similarly around the stables there is an air of half used tools.




Some tools have seen better days.



Men at work.


Then a visit to the workshop.


 



Finally a step back in time. These Bronze Age tools were found in one of our fields some years ago.


And this series of engravings we spotted on our walk were on the wall of a house in Stanton Prior. The middle symbol is I assume the Cornish shield which is generally represented on the Duchy of Cornwall emblem. What the implements are it is hard to say.














6 comments:

  1. No shortage of inspiration for that prompt when you live on a farm! How interesting to see the ancient tools you found on your land - so many years hidden under the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Like Debs, I like the ancient artefacts but I think my fave is the row of spanners. Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very diverse set of implements!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting to have found those ancient tools on your property. You've got a great collection of tools in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say you live in the ideal environment for this photo challenge! Love seeing the old with the new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection Maggie. I like the row of spanners but I think my favourites are the garden tools left in place - like a captured moment!

    December's theme is Christmas.

    ReplyDelete