Sunday 13 March 2016

Unusual Garden Birds

I have a bird table that I can see from my kitchen window. We get quite a variety of birds but they are not all keen to stay around for a photo. Perhaps the most elusive is the Spotted woodpecker which spends long periods of time feeding on the fat balls. I have however managed to catch the odd goldfinch.


Then of course Mr Robin is quite obliging.




I have two regular visitors who are not seen in most gardens.


These two hens escape daily into the yard and feed on the titbits below the feeders. They are quite possessive of the territory and are frequently seen shooing away the garden birds. Something I am yet to catch on film.







2 comments:

  1. Well that is a bit cheeky! They will be demanding mealworms next. Love your robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the birds, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete