Sunday 24 May 2020

Staying in Touch

Social Interaction is an important part of most of lives. The current lockdown has put this to an extreme test. We have all had to become inventive in the ways we stay in touch. There are still old fashioned ways such as the post and I have tried to make a point of sending people a few cards. I also send food parcels to younger daughter especially since we have found a hiding place for the postman to leave packages outside her door.
Social distance chats are becoming the thing too. Stopping on walks for a bit of a catch up or in our case when selling eggs and corn.
It is the Internet however that has been a lifeline to most of us. Emails, Whatsapp groups, Zoom, FaceTime and blogging have become essential parts of our lives. Quiz nights, bingo, bake offs have all been reinvented. 
Long chats with younger daughter are particularly important and while we FaceTime she shows us around her home and garden sending pictures as well. Sometimes I get the feeling she misses the dog more than us and I suspect the feeling is mutual. Poppy therefore also has her turn at FaceTime! 




6 comments:

  1. Ah Poppy you are such a pup of the times ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! :o)

    Yes it's true what you say. We do all we can to stay connected and usually unimportant things have become significant. I've been sending garden photos to my parents quite a lot. Yesterday Dad had cause to leave the house for the first time in over two months ... so he asked to pop over on his way back, to look at my garden. He spent 30 mins! (It's not a big garden but he took every plant, every development in.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo of Poppy has to be the best one on your blog :)
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo! The big change I've noticed with FaceTime is how much more interested my 8 year old grandson is in chatting with us. He's much more attentive than usual, and frequently tells us how much he misses us, and hopes we'll soon be able to come visit. (Me, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm . . . now you have me wondering if I can convince my son or daughter in law that I need to Facetime with Duke, their dachshund. Alas, even if I could, Duke would most probably not cooperate. Luckily with the relaxing of guidelines we've seen them and him in person recently. Yes, all the alternatives got us through, but there is nothing like in person socializing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately with no relaxing of Welsh lockdown we can’t see our daughter.

      Delete