Monday 19 October 2015

Me on Monday: Autumnal Weekend

This Monday morning finds us thrown into half term for Emma. Is two weeks really necessary so soon into the Academic year? Anyway we are more relaxed without the normal morning rush. I am waving today at Sian the creator of Me on Monday.
It's been an at home weekend enjoying the autumnal changes.


Saturday morning I took a friend who has just moved from town to village life to a local coffee morning and gave me a chance to start a bit of Christmas shopping....
Sunday was a roast dinner day. A basket of garden produce from our vegetable garden appeared miraculously in my utility room.


I saved the marrow for another day but was pleased to see a romanessco cauliflower. They are intriguing to look at as well as tasty to eat.


Monty meanwhile seemed happy to sleep the morning away.


Emma made the most of a little more spare time trying out her Great British Bake Off skills. She made some delicious biscotti with continual guidance from Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry following the instructions on Iplayer as she went. 

                 

There was time for a bit of a walk after lunch.


I'm not sure what this horse thought of us.


Sky wasn't sure about him either.


Well sending a wave to everyone and wishing you a happy week and there will be more about this next photo later in the week.










 




9 comments:

  1. looks a lovely autumnal home weekend - fabulous box of garden veg and a fix of Monty and Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cauliflower does look amazing, but I'll go for a piece of that biscotti instead, please! Things have definitely improved for my boy, such a relief and yes, you should totally try a Yorkshire pud with ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures. I think I can feel your fresh air doing me good from here!

    I've never seen a cauliflower like that before. It looks like coral.

    Have a great (half term) week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second to last photo! We are in a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) group and love collecting out box each Thursday. Not huge romanescu fans, but that's okay.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I have a utility room AND a box of veg too please? A relaxing weekend after the busy one last week - how nice. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely walk out after such a satisfying dinner - perfect end to the weekend. Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From a teaching point of view I have to say that the half term holiday is well and truly needed! I'm impressed that you've started your Christmas shopping - that's very organised of you. I've never tried a romanessco cauliflower - does it taste very different from an ordinary cauliflower?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you are ready for a break Eileen. It's a busy term for teachers. The cauliflower does taste different and is easy to cut up.

    ReplyDelete