Monday 26 October 2015

Me on Monday : One of those Days

Waving to Sian and all the other bloggers on this Monday morning hoping you have all had a good weekend. Saturday for us was one of those days when you wish you had stayed in bed. It started with a little dent in one of the cars which brought tears for one of girls. Late in the day it was my turn. How did I manage to trip over a stone and end up flat on my front in a field? Fortunately there was no harm done other than some very muddy trousers! 
They say all mishaps happen in threes. I hadn't long brushed off the mud when we had another casualty and more serious this time. Our youngest had been squashed against a stable door by a very large and bad mannered horse. This time it was a trip to A&E, a long wait and a diagnosis of bruised ribs. She did manage to pose for a photo on the way out of hospital with three ailing chimp sculptures outside A&E. Apparently part of a series of artwork around the new hospital.



                                   

Sunday fortunately was a better day apart for one very uncomfortable lady even with regular painkillers.  We all benefited from the extra hour after our late night. Sunday roast was of course on the menu, roast pork this week. Then the warm sunny afternoon gave an opportunity for getting some garden jobs done. Brian continued with his hedge trimming.


Kate helped me pick some more Bramley apples. Well she picked and I caught them.


We decided to leave the small ones for the birds.


Talking of birds. I have left the sunflower heads for them to feed on the seeds but there is not much sign of them taking them as yet.

                   

So on we advance into the second week of half term which is just as well as I think our girl is going to need a few days rest. I hope you all have a good week and I look forward to hearing about everyone else's weekend.







 




12 comments:

  1. ouch hope she is feeling better. I tripped on a walk a few weeks ago and ended up flat on the ground - not hurt but shocked and muddy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ouch! Poor dear. And falling in the mud - been there - done that - don't want to do it again. Lovely pictures though of apples and sunflower seeds. I was fearful that the hedge trimming was going to end in disaster - sure glad it didn't. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A two week half Term? Lucky you :-) Hoping all the injuries are healing nicely. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horses are big, horses weigh a lot & when one is bad mannered, it can be dangerous. On the bruised ribs from horses, oh yeah been there & it is painful!!!! I wish a speedy recovery for her. I can find the only rock or stone within 10 kilometers & trip over it ... glad you & your older daughter weren't hurt & thankfully muddy trousers wash, fenders can be banged out (lol). Interesting that the hospital chose monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like pretty scary stuff! She looks in pain and I bet she was very glad mum was there to take her to the hospital. I hope she feels a lot better soon...and I'm also hoping your week looks up from here on in!

    Is it the Three Wise Monkeys? Only with injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a Saturday of mishaps. I hope your daughter will be feeling better soon, I bruised my ribs falling off a horse so I know how she feels! I hope the rest of the week is good for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your daughter is better soon. At least the third didn't involve that hedge my word it is high! We have two long hedges 40+metres either side, but at least they can usually be cut standing on the ground!
    Hope the rest of your week is good x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about the ribs, glad you didn't do any damage when you fell. Cars at least can be indebted again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the injuries are healing and this week is an improvement over the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two weeks of half term? Now that's just greedy! Sorry to hear about the bruised ribs but glad it wasn't more serious. Your Sunday of gardening, apple picking and roasting sounds idyllic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hope she is feeling much better now and wasn't in a lot of pain for long. My that is quite the hedge to be trimming! Hope the 3 mishaps were it for the time since that weekend.

    ReplyDelete