Thursday 29 October 2015

Meeting the Hens

Over the last couple of days we have had a relative of mine staying ( second cousin once removed or so I believe). She has come over from Australia to live in London for a few years and we were delighted to welcome her to the farm. Even though the weather was not brilliant especially if you come from Australia we took her out for a walk around the farm kitted out in Brian's wellies. She soon met a few hens!



The hens like to follow people if you turn around you will find this behind you...


A lot of hens playing Grandmother's footsteps. They are not very good at the stand still bit!
We then had a wander through one of the newly sown fields where the corn is just sprouting.



Despite the dull weather the trees still look colourful.



Hopefully the sun will shine before she goes home.












7 comments:

  1. beautiful colours even on a misty overcast day - how lovely to have your relative visiting

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a far flung relation visiting. I wonder what she thought of our Autumn splendour? My niece has been living and working in Australia for just over a year now and loving the experience. I was a little sad when she came home in February and said, "I'd forgotten how ugly it is here."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a hen party to be invited to. Sometimes the dull overcast days make much better lighting for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that she was able to visit and the farm will be a nice contrast to the hustle and bustle of London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hens and I don't mix. My parents had a few when I was younger - they had me at the bottom of the pecking order - I got attacked if I went to feed them!
    We may not be as warm as Oz but we definitely have some beautiful countryside x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those hens made me gasp! I've got a lot better as I've got older; but I used to be frightened of their pecking. They make such a great picture like this though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hens are molting like crazy right now - not very photogenic

    ReplyDelete