Tuesday 24 November 2015

Frosty!

Yesterday was the first real frosty morning of the winter. It was a need to scrape the car kind of day and I was glad that it was not my turn to do the school run. Instead I sneaked outside in my dressing gown to take some sunrise pictures and while I was there a few frosty ones too. It was very evident in the vegetable garden.



Many gardeners will tell you that certain vegetables taste better for a good frost on them. Is this an Old Gardener's Tale?



Socks was busy watching my activity at this early hour of the day.


Meanwhile Margot was well wrapped against the cold and had some haylage to eat until the frost was gone. It is said that frosted grass is not good for horses.








1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful. I can almost feel the chill coming off your lovely photographs

    ReplyDelete