Monday 2 November 2015

Me on Monday: Preparing for a Special Day

I am waving at Sian and all the other Me on Monday bloggers on a special day in our household. Farmer husband has a special birthday today so its pancakes for breakfast and lots of presents. It's been an at home weekend for most of the time. I did pop out to a Christmas Fair on Saturday afternoon. Yes I know it was still only October but I did manage to buy a few more bits and pieces and also enjoy the lovely location.




 The fair was set next to a local vineyard. The vines looked enticing in the Autumn sun.


Then it was back to a friend's for a cream tea. She lives in a local village and as I made my way home all the little trick or treaters were out in the early darkness. This carved pumpkin caught my eye and it was only when I looked I looked at the picture did I notice the horse!

                   

Sunday was the usual roast dinner, more tidying up the garden and some family time playing board games before the school routine starts again.


Then wrapping presents and writing cards for the morning.


It's going to be a busy day followed by a week preparing for a family lunch next Sunday. Hoping you all have a good week.




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mr Farmer. Love the flying pig. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mr Farmer. I want that flying pig, I must have one (col). I liked the carved horse pumpkin. Our neighbours do up about 5-6 pumpkins every year - me I haul out my ceramic pumpkin & put a battery candle in it ... I'm much better with Christmas spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Mr. Farmer! Looks like he had a good day. Your photos of the vineyard are lovely, and I love flying pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry I'm late adding my birthday wishes! Your photos gave me a much needed chuckle this morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a late waver too, this week! A belated Happy Birthday to The Farmer.

    ReplyDelete