Monday 9 November 2015

Me on Monday: More Celebrations

I am giving a slightly weary wave to Sian and all the other bloggers.The morning has started with a red sky ( shepherd's warning). It's not difficult to be up early enough to see it on these November mornings. Then it was not long before I discovered my trousers were inside out. Luckily I have not stepped outside! I have just sat down to write my Me on Monday but I should really be doing all of this:-


However I am feeling a bit like Tiggy who I have just found asleep in my chair. Don't worry I wasn't harsh enough to move him, I have pulled up a chair next to him. 


Yes it's been a busy but very enjoyable weekend. It really started on Friday lunchtime when I met up with fellow blogger Miriam for a coffee and a sandwich. It was good to see her, to catch up after her recent illness and see her looking on the road to recovery. Then it was back home to meet up with sister Julie and dash down to the school for a bonfire night. This time it was nibbling on Hog Roast baps and sipping hot coffee. The field was a sea of mud so it was careful manoeuvring not to show up the daughter in front of her pals by a momentous tumble. It was another fine night despite the earlier rain for a massive bonfire and fantastic fireworks. Can you spot the "ears" in this picture?



Saturday was not a day for photos but was spent cleaning, cooking and sorting in preparation for Sunday's celebrations. Sunday itself brought a joint lunch party for the 60th last week and the 21st coming this week. That meant a roast dinner for 19 and a half ranging from 93 down to 5 months. Well actually there was no roast for the most junior although I don't think he would have said no whilst watching from his walker.


So it was Roast Pork and trimmings carved by the birthday boy.


The puddings of course had to include favourites. Sticky Toffee for the 60 year old and Chocolate Swirl for the soon to be 21 year old.


The afternoon was a time to rest, chat and have a cuddle with the youngest visitor.


It was not long before it was time for tea, cake (yes we did fit it in) and blowing out candles.


The cake was a joint creation. I made the fruit cake, Emma iced and decorated it. Monty is on the left being plagued by the cats. Sky is herding the sheep! Although Kate and Brian are both depicted seated on their cake they are not often seen like that around the farm!


So surely that is enough for one weekend? Apparently not. Off went a lot of the family including the girls for a bonfire party in one of the fields. A photo of their antics is courtesy of Brian's niece.


Brian and I voted for a quieter stay back in the house with some of the older generation. We did however wander down in time for sparklers.


So I hope you all have a good week. I must now return to my clearing up. When I had my first dishwasher it was quickly named Ruby. I hoping today that Ruby the Third is doing her job and is nearly ready for the next load.
















11 comments:

  1. looks a fabulous celebration weekend - fabulous cake for the birthday pair and lots of lovely bonfires

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful weekend, thank you for all your hard work and hospitality. Feeling guilty about all those dishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My choice to make you leave them. All done now!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful weekend full of family celebrations. I bet you are very thankful for that dishwasher. Great captures of the flames/fireworks/sparkles. Something I have never had much success with. Thanks for stopping by. Your comment only appeared once. I wonder whether the problem is my end or yours? Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool birthday cake. I like sparklers but fireworks from a distance are spectacular to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fantastic and memorable and well photographed celebration! A weekend to remember and how lovely to be able to spend it with family gathered together. I bet thinking about it will fill any quiet moments for the rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous and fun weekend was enjoyed by all at your house. Hope you get through all those pots and have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy with all your celebrations and parties. I've loved all your bonfire photos. Why 'Ruby' for the dishwasher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby was the kitchen maid in Upstairs Downstairs. When I set the washing machine, dishwasher and bread maker to come on early morning we often say Ruby has done the work before we getup!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a busy but fun family weekend. It's great to celebrate birthdays and having fireworks too makes it all the more special. Beautiful photos of the bonfire and sparklers, and what a fun cake!! Love that you name your dishwasher!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness you did have a busy weekend - me too I didn't even find time for my Me on Monday post! Well done with the lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete