The ingredients for my recipe are as follows:-
20 large elderflower heads
2 lemons chopped
2 oranges chopped
2.5 lbs sugar
3 pints water
2 oz citric acid (usually obtainable from a chemist)
To make the cordial:-
1. Dissolve the sugar in the water over a low heat.
2. Pour into a deep bowl and add the citric acid stirring until it dissolves.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Cover with a cloth and leave in a cool place for 4 days stirring twice a day.
5. Strain and bottle into sterilised bottles.
I completely forgot to take a photo of the finished product but I can assure you that it tastes good. I use clean, sterilised small plastic bottles . I sterilise them with Milton and rinse them with cooled boiled water. I then freeze the cordial until I want them.
My sister in law freezes the heads and then makes one or two bottles as she wants them. I believe she uses a different recipe. She has been busy collecting flower heads to make cordial for the forthcoming wedding. Quite a task to undertake!