Tuesday 19 September 2017

Visiting a Bristol Landmark

When my auntie and uncle from New Zealand visited I took them for a walk across Bristol's most iconic landmark Bristol Suspension Bridge.


It stretches across the Avon Gorge way above the river and always makes for an interesting walk.


We walked across from the Leigh Woods side.

 
Then on the Clifton side up to the Observatory. 


This gives a great view back down to the bridge. Note the shiny rock in the foreground of this picture, polished by many children's bottom sliding down.


My auntie added her mark before we descended fishing in her handbag for a small padlock to add to the railings.



A popular activity by the look of it.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed about the shiny rock from many bums. What a view of that bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous view of the bridge! Did your aunt know about the padlocks in advance? I'd never have one of those in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she had it because she was travelling.

      Delete
  3. Great photos under that lovely blue sky. I am impressed with the available padlock...

    ReplyDelete