Tuesday 3 October 2017

Using those Tomatoes

I mentioned last week that we had a lot of tomatoes. Since then I have set to and made use of some of them. There is now another batch of tomato relish in the cupboard which hopefully will see us through the year. This time I use an attachment on my Kenwood to do the chopping so the result is much finer than hand chopping and less potential for weeping eyes too.
On Friday I set about making some tomato soup. I decided to use a different recipe from my usual. I liked the sound of the one in Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course so I launched into it.


I liked the addition of potato as we have no shortage of them. Not having to remove the tomato skins was also a great plus. 


I tripled the recipe so I had some to freeze to. It was then that I read to the end of the instructions that I realised I had to sieve the whole lot. You have to be joking! I got out the blender and it was soon smooth. Only a few skins hanging around I thought. 
When the farmer launched into it his first comment was "there's a lot of tomato skins" which just received a sigh from me! It was actually very tasty but it's back to the recipe books for the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment