Friday 27 April 2018

A Very Special Talk

One of the bookshops in Bath called Topping and Company hosts quite a lot of book events. Since I attended one of these functions I have been on their mailing list. Imagine my delight when I was emailed with details of a talk by Mary Berry and the chance of early bird tickets. I decided to buy two tickets and then find someone to go with me. This paid off because my friend Allyson and I had front row seats!


Mary Berry comes from Bath so it was the obvious place for her to be giving a talk. She talked about her recent TV series Classic and the subsequent book. She obviously talked about cooking, her family and lots more. She was natural, humorous and easy to listen to. We also heard a little about a new TV cooking competition which starts next Thursday....


The entrance fee was a book voucher redeemable against part of the price of her book so of course we had just had to buy one each.


Especially as they are signed copies.


3 comments:

  1. I've been to a few of their book events but somehow missed this one. I'll have to get myself added to their mailing list. I'll look out for her new TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how cool is that! I like Mary Berry, she was so kind on The Great British Bake Off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love events like this. For many years, we had a series called Arts and Lectures that brought wonderful authors, poets, and journalists to town. Sadly, fewer and fewer people subscribed, so it became too expensive and they discontinued it a year ago.

    ReplyDelete