Thursday 31 May 2018

Time to Say Goodbye

Today we are saying are final farewells to Joy whose presence on the farm is already dearly missed.
It will be a day of reflection, sadness and happiness at the memories she has left behind.


She will be missed by many people.


This little poem is something we found in her purse which will be one of the pieces read at her funeral which affirms her faith and outlook on life.

The Cross in My Pocket
I carry a cross in my pocket
A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian
No matter where I may be.
This little cross is not magic
Nor is it a good luck charm
It isnt meant to protect me
From every physical harm.
Its not for identification
For all the world to see
Its simply an understanding 
Between my saviour and me. 
When I put my hand in my pocket 
To bring out a coin or key
The cross is there to remind me
Of the price He paid for me.
It reminds me, too, to be thankful 
For my blessings day by day
And to strive to serve Him better 
In all that I do and say
Its also a daily remainder 
Of the peace and comfort I share 
With all who know my Master
 And give themselves to His care. 
So, I carry a cross in my pocket
 Reminding no one but me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life 
If only Ill let him be. 
Her legacy will live on through her boys and granddaughters for many years to come as the sun goes down on her time on our farm.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute and at night when you look up at the twinkly stars you will know she is watching over all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tribute, Maggie. Thinking of you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you today. I hope that the service goes smoothly as befits your mother in law, and provides some comfort to all present.

    ReplyDelete