Saturday 27 October 2018

A Multitude of Balloons

One of the scarecrow entries is placed on the corner of a side road that I regularly pass. The other day I took a few moments to stop and photograph it. There is actually not a scarecrow in sight. This one is more of a tableau.


If you haven't already guessed it's all about ballooning.


Hot air balloons are a big thing around here. Cameron Balloons who produce a lot of them are based in Bristol. You can stand in this basket and get a feel of what it might be like.


All the balloons are beautifully made and decorated. 


They come in all shapes and sizes.


It is like a mini balloon fiesta.


Which is your favourite?





5 comments:

  1. Oh, that's lovely. I went to the Bristol balloon fiesta once and really enjoyed it. My favourite of this lot is the red and yellow striped one, and also the paint-splattered one, left of the fourth photo. Would love to have a go in the basket! Better still go up in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess to only having been two or three times all the time I have lived near or in Bristol!

      Delete
    2. I've never been! I do go to the Longleat one though.

      I like the striped one best.

      Delete
  2. I, too, have been to one balloon festival, quite a few years ago. It was spectacular. I must say, a lot of creativity and time goes into these displays! I'm fond of the polka-dot one.

    ReplyDelete