Tuesday 2 October 2018

A Quirky Start

Our meeting place for our monthly walk was at a hotel that wouldn't look out of place in a Harry Potter film.


This gothic revival house is the hotel Tortworth Court.


Set in beautiful grounds with panoramic views it is a popular wedding location.


A coffee was a must before we set out so we headed for the atrium which is an airy roofed in area between the old buildings with a clever use of mirrors to give a feeling of space.


Our walk leader posed for a photo but couldn't be persuaded to totally mimic the statue!


The hotel is full of quirky little features. I considered this one for the Trilogy of Three.


Or perhaps these hats in reception.


They cater for exploring the grounds.


The British weather also needs to be considered.


Outside the dancing hares are not the only sculptures on display. These horses meet you when you arrive at the top of the drive.

P

An interesting place to meet before we stepped out on our walk.

4 comments:

  1. I want to visit there - beautiful buildings, beautiful grounds. The horse statues get 100 points for the house cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mary-Lou, I know I'd enjoy a visit there. What a fabulous spot for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing with everyone. I know everything about you. It's great and it's great.
    ทายนิสัย

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    soy'vvow]oN

    ReplyDelete