Monday 26 November 2018

Beginning to Celebrate

It's a while since I did a post with being quite busy plus a lack of photos to post but here I am on this overcast Monday morning. I am making the most of today because tomorrow I leap into my sixties! How did that happen?
The celebrations have actually already started. Student daughter arrived home for the weekend with a lovely bouquet of flowers.


Yesterday we took my family out for Sunday lunch. It was a rare occasion to get all of us together even though we now all reside back in the UK. 


I had the obligatory badge and glass.


I share my birthday with my younger great nephew who will be 1 on Tuesday. 



It was then back to enjoy some family time together. Farmer daughter had done an admirable job cake making and decorating with a little help from her sister and my mum.





There are further celebrations to look forward to during the week.


However by the end of yesterday everyone was ready for a rest.


5 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes Maggie. Your cake is quite a beautiful one. Shall we be seeing your daughter on the bake shows soon?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays, Maggie! It looks like the 60's are off to a good start with this fine celebration! I have nothing but good things to say about the 60's, and hope I can say the same about the 70's! (That is even harder to comprehend!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, How precious it all was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for tomorrow then!! I trust that with all that cake, there will be some left over for the big day. (Although quite what's happened to my slice, I have no idea!) Congratulations on completing the decade, and here's to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Congratulations on reaching the sixth decade. Both cakes look good - hope small Charlie enjoyed his first birthday too.

    ReplyDelete