Tuesday 14 May 2019

A North Cornish Bay


I have been spending the last few days in Cornwall on the beautiful rugged north coast. My sister, my mum and myself have been staying at Treyarnon Bay. Treyarnon is one of the Seven Bays which stretch west from Padstow. It is a typical beach on the this coast with stretches of sand and rocks.

         

These beaches have to be treated with respect. They have strong rip tides and swimming is only recommended between the red and yellow flags. Surfing is also very popular and the Lifeguards carefully monitor the activity.


This beach has the additional benefit of a tidal pool amongst the rocks.



We have been blessed with glorious weather while we have been here but definitely not swimming weather for us! We are quite content to walk or sit and watch the action.





I have been out for a few early morning walks along the cliffs toward Porth Cothan.





We have also had some fabulous sunsets which have drawn my sister and I out for a late evening stroll.


I have also made a few Photo Scavenger finds which I will soon be showing.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful & that last photo of the sunset - simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs! I think the beach might be one of my favorite places to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snaps - I always love to see the sun glistening on the surface of the water like that.

    ReplyDelete