Sunday 12 May 2019

Wisteria Time

I am currently spending a few days in Cornwall with my mum and sister. Mum was born and grew up in this beautiful county and always appreciates time spent here especially on the coastline. Today we made a visit to Trerice, an Elizabethan Manor House on the edge of Newquay.



It was no great surprise to find wisteria in full flower here too.



There were in fact a total of four wisteria in different parts of the garden each one a different variety, each at a different stage of flowering but each with the same wonderful perfume. This one which I suspect has been there many years is on the wall as you enter.


Probably the most traditional colour and shape.


The wall to the orchard and knotted garden has two.


A longer flower in mauve.




Then a rather pendulous white which was still coming out.





Around the other side of the house where the shop is situated there is another white one.


All beautiful in their own way. Which is your favourite?


4 comments:

  1. Cornwall really is one of the loveliest counties in England isn't it? That wisteria is beautiful, hard to choose a favourite but I think if I had to choose I would go for the more traditional blue shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another walk among such beautiful flowering climbers. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, and how wonderful that you, your sister, and mother can share this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the pictures, the last is my favorite. I like how it is spreading sideways to go indoors!

    ReplyDelete