Wednesday 5 November 2014

Double ZIZO

I popped into the green grocers yesterday and spotted these.


Needless to say they were soon in my basket. I remember mum getting us pomegranates when we were children and they kept us quiet for ages while we made a lovely sticky mess removing all the seeds! So I have created a double ZIZO to join in with  Helena's ZIZO week 45. A kind of before and during!
 

It didn't take me long to get the knife out!


 

Oh those beautiful little gems!
 




One of them has gone already and it wasn't just me!













8 comments:

  1. oh yes I remember coming home from school to find a pomegranate as a treat and carefully picking out seeds one by one to eat. I also remember staining a cream linen cushion with the juice and it would not come out. Now I free the nuggets the Nigella way by banging on the outside with a wooden spoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great subject for a ZIZO. I can remember my Mum getting one in a fruit gift basket and we shared it out between us all. Funny the things you remember, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious images of pomegranates!!! I never had them as a child, not till about 10 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty...I have never tried one..
    the last photo looks like pink corn niblets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I remember pomegranates as a child! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I used to buy them for my kids' stockings - but they always wanted them earlier too. Love pomegranates

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had a pomegranate until a year or so ago. Now I love them! I love to sprinkle the seeds in a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series of photographs! Pomegranates are so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete