Tuesday 4 November 2014

With a Christmas Wish

The fruit has had a good soak in the brandy and so today I got round to making the cake mixture. Step number 1 was to make sure I had all the ingredients!


This year I am making a 10in square cake. We have a number of people coming around Christmas and it will be useful to offer guests well into January. Added to this Brian is very keen on his Christmas cake!
There are some useful figures for making different size cakes on Delia Smith's website and this year I am following her recipe.
The mixture once made was ready for everyone to have a good stir. Traditionally all the family have a stir of the Christmas pudding and make a secret wish. However this year I have several puddings left that I made last year so it's wishes over the cake!


Then into the tin it goes. I have on loan from my mum a tin that can make different sizes. I have adjusted to the correct size and wrapped it up ready.


So tomorrow it will be in the oven first thing!


3 comments:

  1. oh yum, I can smell it from here - I do love having Christmas cake to dip into for several weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena it smells delicious. I popped it in the oven at 6.30. I have just got back from taking my daughter to school and coming back into the kitchen mmmmmm..!

      Delete
  2. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet!

    ReplyDelete