Friday 3 November 2017

A Delicious Oddity

I have a surplus of lemons that I was given a while ago and I have had in mind to make lemon curd for a while. This week I finally got round to it.


It was time to fish out my old book 'Penguin Book of Jams, Pickles and Chutneys' . This is a quaint but useful source of information which I am always suprised is not older than it is. It's illustrations are quite quaint such as this one showing the finished item being tasted.


It describes lemon curd as bit of an oddity and is indeed in a chapter by this name.

It is of course not a true preserve with its mixture of citrus and butter and eggs.


The end result was very pleasing and there are a couple of jars tucked away in the fridge.



2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks good. That last photo has actually made my mouth water as lemony things do! (Probably too much info, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all odd - but I'm sure delicious. I have never tried homemade lemon curd. I would be tempted to try making some but it wouldn't get eaten fast enough!

    ReplyDelete