Thursday 30 November 2017

Take Three Thursday: Christmas Lights

I am chasing my tail a little at the moment trying to keep up with my blog and also with my blog reading. I haven't forgotten you all and I shall be back to see what you have all been up to. Yesterday I had a long session at the dentist having two teeth prepared for a double crown. I was therefore not terribly thrilled when the temporary top fell off during breakfast. This meant a trip back to see the dentist this afternoon. 
While I was in Bath I nipped over to visit a church which sells charity Christmas cards mainly in search of an advent candle. The candles were all sold out but I did manage to buy some Christmas cards and wrapping paper. I know if I buy it from them that the majority of the funds reach the charity.
 I still have no candle to light tomorrow for the first day of advent but I did get some pictures to join in Take Three Thursday. This meme is kindly hosted by Mary-Lou. The Christmas lights of Bath looked suitably festive in the fading afternoon light.
1. Milsom St is one of the famous shopping streets in Bath with the department store Jollys on the left. The street is mentioned in many novels set in Bath notably those by Jane Austen.


2. Green St is just off Milsom St. The church at the end is St. Michael's Without. It is so named because it was built outside the city wall. It is this church which has the Christmas cards for good causes. Also of note in this small street is the cosy little pub called The Old Green Tree. It is reputed to be so called as it is supposed to be the only place in Bath where you could stand and not see a tree.



3. The same lights taken from directly below. It is fortunately not a very busy street for  cars!


5 comments:

  1. I think these are lovely. That twilight is always good for illuminations photos. I love Bath too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blue Hour is always a great time for photos. These lights are so lovely! Hoping your mum is continuing to make improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely light at this time of day. Didn’t know that story about the Green Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in & sorry to hear about your dental woes. I like Christmas lights & it's the one time of the year I do not mind a visit to a city centre. Our little village relies entirely on the people living here to light up their homes & boy do some of them do it proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to do what we did one year for an advent candle. Get a plain one and put your own numbers on it! LOL

    ReplyDelete