Monday 20 April 2020

Me on Monday: Gratitude

It's a long time since I have participated in Me on Monday which was originally created by the lovely Sian who sadly no longer blogs. Does anyone know how she and her family are? I am finding that little things matter a lot at the moment. Imagine my elation to succeed at obtaining a Click and Collect slot by staying up to midnight and sitting on an online queue until the slots suddenly appeared. It did take two midnight attempts before I got one though. Farmer Husband didn't seem so overjoyed when I immediately woke him to tell him the exciting news!
Such happenings are soon trivialised when you are again faced with the terrible news of the daily deaths. It has become more of a reality as two acquaintances have now lost a parent. One lost her mum after she fell at home, was admitted to hospital and contracted the virus. The other her dad who was admitted after catching Covid in his care home. Sad days.


How lucky I am to have this fantastic outlook above to bring consolation at such times.


Look at the beautiful blossom on this Katy apple tree planted the year our oldest daughter was born.

 
The bees are constantly at work on the blossom so fingers crossed for a good crop. 





I have one bit of cheering news to tell you. Yesterday we heard the cuckoo calling. He was calling on and off all day. This is particularly special because we have not heard him for several years. Could this be because of the  peace and quiet without constant planes taking off? 

7 comments:

  1. Your online shopping comment made me laugh out loud, we got a delivery slot (which saves our daughter going to collect any shopping for us), after we had finished, hubby and I danced around the house with excitement. Not heard a cuckoo for years, but our garden is full of bird song and loads of insects, it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, your spring is well & truly underway. Online shopping has taken on a whole other life experience. I like hearing about nature's return because of the Great Pause, there's part of me that wishes that it would continue for Mother Earth's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Sian as well. I follow her on Instagram but she hasn't updated since last year.

    I've managed to get a click and collect slot for my next order so that was last night's excitement. It'll be earlier than I really need but I'd rather that than not be able to get a later date. I think I will take up your suggestion and order household and toiletry products from Amazon leaving the supermarket order just for food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite sure I wouldn't recognize a cuckoo if I heard one. Your view is absolutely lovely. I, too, am grateful every day for all my blessings throughout this pandemic. I'm anxious to be able to put up our umbrella on the patio. Winter is hanging on here much too long this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did laugh when I read about you waiting till midnight to get a click and collect slot :) I did the same one night but missed them all so gave up. Your blossom looks beautiful as does where you live. How wonderful to have that view to look out on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sian is now working at The Jolly Yarn Company (she may be a part owner, I'm not sure) but can you imagine how perfect she must be at running a wool shop?! If you are on Instagram, be sure to follow jollyjarnco to see what she is making nowadays.
    I do love that bowl of succulents, they have such pretty flowers and are quite forgiving if you forget to water them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just realised that I read two of your posts and left my comment about the succulents on the wrong one!!!

    ReplyDelete