Saturday 10 May 2014

Windy weather

Today started very wet and although it dried up later in the day it then became very windy. Kate however did not seem to be having such a wet time in Dorset. She sent me a picture by "whatsapp" of Lulworth Cove which she had cycled to this morning.


Meanwhile I decided to find an indoor job and set to some breadmaking. An activity that always takes longer than I think! I was however pleased with the results.


I did venture out with the dog in the afternoon. Everywhere was looking very wind swept.


It was hard to capture the effect of the wind sweeping across the crops.


The barley and wheat has grown a lot in the warm wet weather we have been having. Monty always makes a good gauge as to high it is.

  It is lucky that it is not any taller as the wind can be very damaging to the crop.







No comments:

Post a Comment