Saturday 6 June 2015

Another University

Emma has been looking at various universities for a while now. Today it was the turn of Oxford Brookes. Traveling on the park and ride bus we passed through the centre of Oxford. The photography scavenger hunt came to mind as we passed many of Oxford University Colleges with beautiful old buildings that would be ideal for no.10 A College or University. However we had a busy day ahead of us and no time to linger! Oxford Brookes Headington campus is a complete architectural contrast. It consists of totally modern but still stunning buildings. Emma raises her eyebrows if I as much as attempted to take a photo. Embarrassing parent..... I did sneak one from a balcony in the John Henry Brookes building which does nothing to compliment the spectacular mobile suspended in the centre.


The name of one of the roads that we passed made me smile. Just the right address for the average teenager perhaps?


On the way home we made a quick "comfort" stop at Membury Services. It turned out to be an ideal location to find no. 11 for the hunt: A cellular tower or television satellite dish.



That's a start on the hunt then!


5 comments:

  1. Great, you got the ball rolling! I'm still bidin' my time! Don't think I've ever seem a mast like that. I reckon round here I will find plenty of houses with more than one satellite dish though! Now three flags to a pole is a different matter. Can only think of HMS Belfast and those flags aren't technically on a pole... Watchful waiting, as they say in the NHS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three Flags on a pole is a tricky one. On the way home we passed someone walking a horse and a dog both on leads. Too difficult a place to stop and snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for starting your hunt, I got one today which will be on my blog later in the week. I agree the 3 flags is going to be a tricky one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on starting your photos for the hunt. What is Emma planning to study?

    ReplyDelete