Tuesday 30 June 2015

The June Link Up

It is the end of the first month of The Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. This is run by Rinda at Gallo Organico and you can see the link ups here. I have already posted quite a few and will provide links at the end of this post.
The one that has to be almost chance to find is No. 18 An Overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle. I have seen some good ones on the motorway when it is impossible to capture them but I have caught these two. The first I spotted in a lane close by.


Then today I came upon this load having just past the other half of his load tipped on the verge. Fortunately nothing was in the way when he lost the rest of the bales. It was not ours I might add.


There seems to be a little dispute over No. 7 A Turtle. It's seems that the difference between a turtle and a tortoise is less defined across "the pond" , a lot of people having posted what I would consider to be a tortoise! Anyway I have seen neither! So for now I am settling for this cute but rather pricey children's "paddle bag" I saw in the shops.


Then in the same shop some rather cute turtle beanies.


Then finally for today No. 17 At Least Two People wearing matching clothes or uniform. These two girls were in their Life Guard Uniforms as they took a well earned break around the school fair.


If you would like to see more then follow these links to ones I have posted earlier in the month.



Good luck to everyone in the rest of their hunt!





9 comments:

  1. You've got a great start, and have given me a couple of ideas! I saw a tractor/trailer loaded with bales of hay, but my husband didn't think the trailer would count so he didn't stop for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute turtle! And that trailer was obviously overloaded if you'd already passed half the load!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those girls are just adorable, and the hay truck is perfect! Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. great finds - lucky nothing was underneath the other hay bales

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great start. I usually save my list for our holidays, but having seen the first set of finds from everyone I'm tempted to start early

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that turtle paddle bag! :o) And you got some great shots of the overloaded vehicle. Great start to the scavenger hunt, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun stuff! I got a kick out of the hay bales as that is something we see alot of around these parts too (but not until folks start hauling in first crop)! Good luck with the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the turtles, great start to the challenge, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're off to a great start. I noticed somebody had posted a tortoise for the turtle as well. No idea where I'll find one (of either!) yet. Plenty of hay bales in our neck of the woods. I think you're right about it being a chance encounter.

    ReplyDelete