Friday 12 June 2015

Disrupting the Peace

I pass a small lake on the way to the shops and this week I decided to stop for 5 minutes on the way home. The lake is man made so sadly does not fit Rinda's Scavenger hunt no. 20 A Natural Body of Water. All seemed peaceful when I arrived.




There are quite a few cygnets near the edge.




Further out on the lake all was not so calm. One swan was clearly upset about something.


He was diving up and down the lake.




The cause of his upset appeared to be this young chap who I think is a gosling. He is very wet from constantly nose diving away from the angry swan!


Meanwhile the cygnets continue totally unperturbed by the commotion.













3 comments:

  1. Lovin' the third photo especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. The swan is protecting his little family I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. even the angle of his head says 'I'm the boss of here'

    ReplyDelete