Saturday 20 June 2015

Battle to Stay On

It was once again time for the school garden party in the setting of their lovely garden.


I had intended a very brief look round but as usual spent quite some time talking to various people. I captured a couple of events on camera. The guess the number of balloons competition in Trotters Robin Reliant.


Then a modern safety conscious greasy pole tournament. 





She was not going to give in! I can remember similar antics at college during Rag Week. Only we really did have a greasy pole and when we fell we were in the river!






2 comments:

  1. Much prefer your version of the greasy pole, but that balloons comp sounds brill. (What was the prize? TVs, deep freeze and David Bowie LPs?!) Looks as if it stayed dry for you at least - heavy rain showers here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the proper greasy pole over a river when I was at college. I took one hit and fell off!!

    ReplyDelete