Monday 29 June 2015

Which Tent?

When I called in at the school fair last week I thought I might be able to find No. 9 on Rinda's list for the photo scavenger hunt namely A Tent. I didn't head for all the gazebos sheltering the stalls I made for a new innovation at the school, a Yurt Village.


This gives a wonderful outdoor area for all sorts of activities for the junior and senior school with space for concerts and a stone fire place for BBQs as well as more peaceful activities and camps. The Yurts are quite substantial with a proper door. Do they count as tents?



They are basically made of canvas. Just in case they don't I snapped a couple of more traditional tents at the local outdoor superstore which we visited to equip Emma for her imminent trip to Tanzania. So for the individual.


Then for the whole family.


And if your family is large.... 


Another bonus at the Yurt Village which those with a keen eye may have noticed was that one of the teachers was busy putting up two flag poles. I eagerly asked how many flags he was intending to put on each pole telling him about my quest for No. 15 A flag pole with 3 flags on it. He said he would have been happy to oblige but the windy weather was likely to snap the pole with the weight! I therefore had to settle for two poles with two flags each.


He also suggested lining up the two so that it looked like one! I was told what each flag was but I am afraid I did not remember!

                          


                       
    









7 comments:

  1. Very, very nice yurts! I'd love to spend a w/e in one! I'm sure Rinda will accept them, but in any case you definitely have it covered there. Was in Eastbourne last week and was thrilled to see a flagpole with two flags on it - Union Flag with cricket club flag beneath - but I didn't take a pic. I also saw a pole with two diagonals off it (like Mary-Lou's) but no flags flying. Anyway, I have something else up my sleeve... Hope it comes off :o) BTW, do you know what these flags are? Interesting collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did reel off what all the flags were but without a notepad and pencil I would never have remembered

      Delete
  2. As I have never camped, a tent is a tent is a tent to me. I say the yurts count but also I like the large family tent in the back up plan, I think of the tent Harry Potter camped in at the World Quidditch games. I like how you enlisted some help with the flags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those yurts look great. Nice work, enticing flag flyers to put 3 flags on the pole - thinking I will have to resort to such tactics to find that item!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanzania! Wow. That's exciting.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brilliant finds! I will also have the same problem with the flags although I am tempted to visit a neighbour who fly's a flag to see if he would run three up for me! Paul suggestion was photoshop!! I don't think he appreciates the spirit of the hunt x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's your neighbour 's favourite tipple. Could you bribe him? I've wondering about the SS Great Britain or during the Maritime weekend.... Next time you visit your boy...

    ReplyDelete