Sunday 17 June 2018

A Few Details at Lanhydrock

I posted on Friday views of Lanhydrock House in Cornwall framed through doors and arches. I also found some various bits for the Photo Hunt but today I am showing a few snippets that took my eye but don't fit into one category.
The Victorian kitchens are a must to see. I didn't take any pictures of the whole rooms but just a few items. There was a room for each aspect of cooking, an early segregation of food for the food hygiene inspector! The butchers room had lots of delightful carcasses hung up but it was the meat cleaver and butcher's block that amused me. Very well used!


The egg boxes could be useful around here but wouldn't take the numbers we produce!



Another intriguing part of the house is the suite of nursery rooms which also includes details of one of the nannies. After becoming a widow at a relatively young age she had left her own children in someone else's care to come and look after the children at Lanhydrock. These little pairs of shoes give us a taste of the little ones who lived in the house.


This last picture is of the estate office in the house. I took this as part of the scavenger hunt with at least 3 prompts visible in this picture. Can you work out what they are?


2 comments:

  1. Well, I can see an unexpected reflection but not sure about the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. unexpected reflection; piles; represents favourite book/movie/song if I could get an enlarged view, I thought maybe a trilogy of three

    ReplyDelete