Tuesday 19 June 2018

Around Lanhydrock Gardens

I hope I am not boring you all silly with some of my pictures of Lanhydrock House because I have some more today and more SPSH pictures to show too. Today however I have a few pictures of the gardens and grounds. The gardens to the front of the house are mainly formal and include a lot of clipped yew trees and hedges. 


Symmetrical rose beds nearest the gate are already looking beautiful.


Some of the formal beds are actually best appreciated from the windows of the house to see the overall effect of them. It wasn't possible to get a photo from there so this was the best I could manage.


The church dominates one side of the house and is of sizeable proportions in relation to the house.


The ground climbs steeply behind the house and church.


Then up above is a more informal garden that is probably at its best during the camellia and rhododendron season. It includes informal beds and features such as a small cottage and well (actually a spring).




There are plenty of paths to wander around and lots of colours in the beds. This poppy was particularly striking.



As was this peony.


It's a garden that warrants more time than we had to spare on our journey home.


3 comments:

  1. I for one am not bored! I love peonies and always like to see a geometric garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not bored, really enjoy walking about with you. I like that pink poppy a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Poppies and peonies are two of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete