Saturday 23 June 2018

A Wings Connection

We are away for the weekend in Derbyshire and are starting in a B & B (Farmstay of course !). We have the most fantastic view from our room of the surrounding rolling countryside.


The middle strip of cut grass is a private runway. You can just see the wind sock in this picture with a tree behind.

.
Apparently the farmer and his wife both used to fly. 


We didn't see any planes but the farmer took farmer husband for a dog walk first thing. They are just dots along the runway.


The best I could get of a plane and of course it's wings was this home made sign by the side of a track crossing the airstrip.

 
Is it good enough for No. 7 of the hunt, Wings?

3 comments:

  1. I need to have a closer look at that list. Wings everywhere last weekend, and there I was oblivious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it counts for sure! Like Lady Ella, I need to keep the list close to me so I don't forget what's on it.

    ReplyDelete