Saturday 15 June 2019

A Few More Finds for the Scavenger Hunt

Rather than bore you all totally in one day I thought I would spread my finds over two days so here is the second instalment. My next photo is for No. 6 An Umbrella open or closed.


My first possibility for No. 7 A Curving Path is the knot garden at Trerice House in Cornwall. 


Then a path weaving it's way through the garden at Landhydrock House.


There are so many possibilities for No. 10 Something made of stone. The most commonly used stone in Cornwall is granite, a resilient tough stone usually silver grey in colour. This is depicted well in a tableau at the Royal Cornwall Show which was part of a WI competition "A Celebration of Cornwall ". It shows the importance of granite in the whole county.



Leading on from this here are some uses of granite that I captured while on holiday in Cornwall last month.








I think one of my favourite finds so far is this iris which depicts No. 13 Two colours of the rainbow in any combination.


The coastal walk along the cliff between Treyarnon Bay and Constantine seems to have more than it's fair share of benches. It is of course a lovely place to sit and admire the view on a relatively accessible walk. There are no less than 3 broken ones and here are two of them for No. 15 A broken chair/bench/stool.




My last category for now is No. 18 Something that should be found in pairs. Yes, you guessed, I set this one up with my shoe.


However I did find this lonesome boot.


Then surely car wheels should really come in pairs! You do need to look quite carefully.













4 comments:

  1. I like that curving garden path! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie you do seem to have such fun with the searches. I chuckled about your shoe on the beach - a wonderful find ... that iris is gorgeous & doesn't iris mean rainbow in old Greek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if it does then that is definitely the one for the final choice!

      Delete
  3. More great finds! LOVE the second of your curved paths photos---such a lovely place! Your iris was an inspired choice for sure.

    ReplyDelete