Friday 14 June 2019

The First Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt Link Up

I am still at the stage of finding and choosing photos for the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. This is hosted by Mary Lou so don't forget to pop along to see her finds and also find the links for everyone else joining in.
I am sharing some of my possible options for just a few of the prompts. I have in fact already posted my finds for No. 14 A Handwritten Sign which you can find here.
No. 1 An Outdoor Clock.  I found a couple of possibilities for this when I was in Cornwall. The first is the clock on the tower on the harbour in Porthleven. This tower has become a popular subject for photos in stormy weather has it is beaten by large waves. It is often mistaken for a church but is in fact the Bickford-Smith Institute and houses some of the town council. The clock tower stands 70ft high.



Another choice is on the stable block at Lanhydrock House which would have helped to ensure that all horses and carriages were ready at the correct time.




My third choice is a natural option. I am sure you all know how to tell the time with a dandelion. Hold the stalk firmly and blow. Keep blowing until all the seeds have gone. The number of blows needed indicates the hour of the day.


No.3 Repetition . The first two are taken at Lanhydrock House.




A classic Cornish wall with a fence on top gives two repeated patterns.


A row of terraced houses on the harbour of Porthleven.


An impressive collection of keys in Trerice House.


No. 4 Blurred Vision is a fairly difficult one to portray. The focus on one group of flowers obscures the rest.


Catching the waves at sunset at Treyarnon Beach.


Looking out from Trevose Head.


I have a lot more to show but will save those for another time.





6 comments:

  1. wonderful photos... I love the sixth photo....beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely finds. Makes me want to go back to Cornwall - isn't it a lovely place?
    Love the idea for the dandelion clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly rocking this search - glad to have you joining in Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are fabulous finds! I think I like the red clock the best and the repetition of keys. And I've learned something new about dandelions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly enough, I have never heard of "telling time" with a dandelion! Love the trees as repetition. As always, you've got a great collection going here.

    ReplyDelete