Sunday 9 June 2019

A Flower at all Stages

We tend to have a pretty traditional Sunday here. I was brought up to consider it as a family day and we have tried to keep that up. Sunday mornings for me are spent preparing a roast dinner and more often than not I make a cake too. Sometimes I even go to church! We try and get my mum over most Sundays and at least one of the girls is usually around. This week it was both of them.
It had been a glorious start to the day but by the time younger daughter had collected mum and I had the lunch ready it started to rain. It poured all afternoon. Mum and I stayed inside in the dry and then eventually wandered out very late in the afternoon when it finally stopped and had a stroll around the garden. I took my camera because there is nothing quite like that post rain freshness.


This poppy caught my attention. Drenched in water it made quite a picture.


I soon realised as well that I could catch every stage of the flower from bud to seed head.


Every stage has its own beauty.


Nature is sipuch a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

  1. Love you photo's the stages of a flower fastinate me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, nature is simply amazing. Beautiful photos, I like poppies & your double pink is enviable. I'm waiting for mine to open.

    ReplyDelete