Thursday 20 June 2019

Take Three Thursday: Alpines

Things are progressing quite well in the farmhouse now. The floor tiles are nearly all down, the kitchen is being fitted, a lot of the wall paper is up. We still need to see a bit more of the electrician and the plumber. It's completely beyond my comprehension as to why they don't just concentrate on finishing one job rather than chasing from one to another.
We have also been tidying up the garden and have put a stone trough on the wall near the door. I thought some of the plants we have in it would be good for this week's Take Three Thursday. 
1. This gentian is a beautiful blue. It has had a series of little flowers.


2. I bought this little pink plant when in Cornwall. It's always nice to have a plant to remind you of your holiday.


3. House leeks always fascinate me. This one is producing a sizeable number of house leeks.



I will post a photo of the whole trough soon.

4 comments:

  1. OH what pretty tiny flowers in your tough garden. I especially like that little blue flower. Your last photo looks like one we call Chicken & Hens. Thanks for joining me in Take Three Thursday Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are House Leeks the same as Chicken and Hens? I've never heard of House Leeks but they look so similar to what we call Chicken and Hens. Off to see if I can find an answer on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Mary-Lou's comment appeared after I sent mine! Guess we're both on the same wave-length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard the name hen and chickens but I believe they are the same thing

      Delete