Sunday 6 September 2020

Poppy goes on Holiday Part 1

 I have already mentioned that both daughters and their friend have been away camping in Cornwall this week. They wanted to take Poppy with them but didn’t have room in the car. They came up with the grand plan that I should come down for the night with her. I’m pretty sure they weren’t really after me, just the dog. Fortunately I didn’t have to camp because my sister and family were also staying down there and I was able to stay overnight with them in their holiday accommodation. 

We did of course have to aim for a dog friendly beach so we all met up at Harlyn Bay which is a family favourite anyway.


It was raining when I arrived but we sat it out and the weather soon improved so it was a Cornish pasty family picnic on the beach.


I can’t tell you how lovely it was to spend some time with the family at the beach particularly my niece and family who we had not seen since February.


The children had a great time playing with the girls and with Poppy.



Poppy was in her element with people to play with, a ball, plenty of space and water too.




Later we took a short early evening walk along the cliffs to Trevone. It was nearly high tide as we walked along and it was great to watch the surge of the waves.




Farmer Daughter may have been on holiday but she was still keen for an agricultural photo opportunity! You can take the girl out of the farm but you can’t take the farm out of the girl.


It was about 7 pm by the time we walked back to Harlyn. The tide was at its highest point and the extensive bay was almost  completely covered. Time to retreat home for fish and chips!







3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo's, we had a family BBQ last weekend, it's the simple things that bring us the most joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have to make time for Poppy's social life! It looks like you all had lovely time together ... the best sort of holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family day at the beach!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete