Friday 11 September 2020

Something New in my Garden

Do you know what it is like when you come across a plant that you are not really familiar with and then you seem to see it everywhere? That plant for me this year has been Heleniums. There was spectacular show at Rosemoor Gardens.


This gorgeous gorgeous spread gave me the incentive to buy one here. Then there were more at The Newt when we made an August visit.



I bought Moerheim Beauty and have planted it just outside our breakfast room window. Just visible in the bottom left.


I actually now have two as I bought a second one at Hestercombe. It was reduced because it had stopped flowering consequently I was buying rather blindly.This one is called Fuego and I think it will be a little shorter. 
I am fascinated by the way the flowers develop and become larger.




I am also pleased with the Autumn colours blend with the Alstroemeria Indian Summer that I bought back in July at Tyntesfield.


This is the Fuego helenium from Hestercombe and that blends well with the others.


You may recall that I am an avid Archers fan so I was pleased to hear that Linda Snell was out deheading her heleniums even if it did turn out to be a bit much for her during her convalescence from the Grey Gables explosion!







9 comments:

  1. As the light looses strength in the season, those flowers with their intense colouring would certainly lift the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful colours! Here, people buy potted chrysanthemums at this time of year to brighten up a porch or stick in their gardens. Do you do that there? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have them but perhaps not to the same extent.

      Delete
  3. Is The Archers back to normal shows or are they still the lockdown shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you haven’t been listening. They are gradually moving away from individual reflections to some conversations between two people and have apparently restarted recording in the studio.

      Delete
  4. Suddenly start seeing it everywhere? How's this: today I read your post and just now, Monty had it on Gardeners' World!
    Love your fuego and the alstroemeria is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Fancy that! Me and Monty both helenium fans!

      Delete
  5. So lovely! I often do the same and order flowers I've seen elsewhere. I'm always delighted when they take hold, as yours seem to have done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be better on a Sunday morning than a virtual stroll through your lovely garden (in my pajamas, no less).

    ReplyDelete