Wednesday 28 October 2020

From my Window

 We are lucky to be able to watch the garden birds directly from our kitchen. The feeders in the apple tree are a great attraction to the birds. Recently there have been a lot of finches. The goldfinches have been particularly busy and will sit for long periods of time munching away.


Such beautiful birds.


We left the sunflower heads to develop and the seed heads are now mature. I have been delighted to see that the green finches in particular are enjoying them. 


By keeping the window ajar and my camera at the ready I have managed to capture them without disturbing them.




This great tit was also busy.


I am hoping with a bit of patience to get a few more pictures.



6 comments:

  1. If this is the view from your kitchen, I don't know how you get anything done! G also looks out onto her feeders and (pre-covid) I'd stand at her window for hours. She doesn't tend to get greenfinches so I'm pleased to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have feeders full of sunflower seeds underneath our magnolia tree along with a rain chain and birdbath, we love to watch the birds, they are always busy and hubby fills them most days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty birds. Wonderful photos. Your Finches are very different from the type we get. Are these at your feeder, in their winter colouring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check with my sister before I answered this one! British birds generally don’t change their colours for different seasons. Juveniles tend to be less colourful. She tells me that your birds do change.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful photos - those finches are gorgeous! It must be wonderful to have them to watch so close to the house, they are certainly enjoying those sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while...I have been playing catch-up with your blog with a nice cup of tea...thank you for documenting the changing seasons so beautifully. The goldfinches are lovely - I had never seen them before.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete