Tuesday 27 October 2020

Summer Colour in Autumn

 Our visit to Tyntesfield a National Trust property in North Somerset revealed a great deal of late summer colour as well as the Autumn hues in my last post. There is a beautiful secluded and sheltered garden huddled between the glasshouses, the kitchen garden and the Orangery and it is here that summer is still present.


There is a mixture of perennials, dahlias and chrysanthemums. It’s the dahlias that are particularly showstoppers.



There are some great blousy blooms that I would be happy to see in my garden.



Excuse my farmer rough hand in this one. Note to self to use a bit more hand cream!


I am not a huge chrysanthemum fan but these are a beautiful colour.


The rose garden was another haven of colour and also tranquility. 



The two back corners have beautifully restored gazebos.


A peaceful and sheltered spot to sit.



I have sat here many times on my visits but obviously need to look up more often.


An example of the intricate craft work of this fascinating estate. 









 




2 comments:

  1. Nice to see that summer is still clinging on! The paler pink dahlia is my favourite, and I really like the tree beside the gazebo. Though obviously English, it has a certain Japanese mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely---even at the beginning of autumn. I love the dahlias, and the estate itself is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete