Thursday 1 October 2020

The 2020 SPSH Final Link Up

Today I am joining Mary-Lou with the final link up for this year’s Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. Here is the full list although I have shown some of them before.

1. A favourite piece of jewellery.
This is something that I no longer wear. It is my belt buckle that I was given by my parents when I qualified as a nurse. We all wore them back then but with more modern uniforms they have gone out of vogue. It is a replica of one in the V & A museum. There is even a little bit of stem missing as in the original one.



2. Something with or in a knot.
Where there are horses there are hay nets. A firm knot is needed to stop them being pulled down.


3. Something with the colours of my country’s flag.
The combination of my great nephew and the go-kart make the right colours of red white and blue. It will look even better when the wash and brush is finished.


4. A toy you play with.
I spend a lot of time playing with Poppy and her ball. Does that count?


5. Something you have more than one of.
Our collection of cyclamen is slowly increasing.


6. Something in the shape of a triangle.
We visited Pencarrow House when we were in Cornwall. How many triangles can you see? Can you beat seven?


7. Something that displays a rule.
Two rules to follow on the beach.



8. A leaf longer than your hand.


9. Something that starts with the initial of your name.
P for purple.


10. Something smaller than a paperclip.
Each tiny seed capsule.


11. Something you need to throw away.
A very grotty dog lead.


12. Something that holds your favourite beverage.
My cup and saucer of choice for my afternoon tea.


13. A rubber band in use.
An essential in preserve making.


14. Something with wheels.
The trusty combine.


15. Something inherited.
The family dahlia that has been grown by three generations of my family.


16. Something with rough texture.
A hairy tree trunk.


17. Something naturally round.
One of our dahlias.


18. Something that can go in the water.
The lifeguard dingy is sat on most Cornish beaches ready to enter the sea if necessary.


19. A stone with some colour in it.
The wall outside my door is topped with stones with a tinge of the red ochre.


20. Something with the number 7.
After the trouble everyone had with my tractor tyre I have chosen something a bit more obvious. A dahlia label.


Alternative A. An animal statue.


Alternative B Heavier than my shoe.


Alternative C Something with 4 sides.


Phew! I think I have finally got there. Now I’m coming to visit you to see how you got on.















 

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant finds, each & everyone of them. Thanks for joining in Maggie & yes I found 7 triangles & yes that tennis ball of Poppy's counts :)

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belt clasp is so pretty, haven't nurses uniforms changed over the years?
    You've got some great finds here, that hairy tree trunk is so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some excellent finds! That is a lovely belt buckle! Your teacup is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Excellent finds and a colourful collection. I too love the buckle. I have found 8 triangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I suppose you could count the top of the vent on the small building on the right

      Delete
    2. I've got six on the front of the house (excluding shadows) and two in the roof (beneath the vent) of the building on the right. There seem to be more making the roof but they are incomplete from the angle of the photo. Now I'm thinking there must be another I still haven't seen...

      Delete
    3. Got you. At a push you could count the roof on the vent ( or is that two??) and maybe the shape of the bird bath base above the concrete??

      Delete
  5. Wonderful photos, as always. That dahlia is one of my favorites. I had a small plant this year, and hope to winter it over so it will bloom again next year. The belt buckle is gorgeous, and yes, Poppy's ball definitely counts as a toy.

    ReplyDelete