Friday 2 October 2020

Green

 Today I am joining Eileen at https://in-my-playroom.blogspot.com/ with her September challenge to take photos with  the theme green. These were all collected in September but I am a little delayed posting them.

This combine harvester was in a field near Trevone. It appears to have broken down and another combine has cut round it leaving a small patch under the front. I had to send this photo of it to my girls because it was still in the same position we had seen it in two weeks later when Farmer Husband and I walked by.


I had to include a John Deere tractor.


Farmer Daughter seems to think the greengage tree is a good place for her hose reel.


Oh! I realised when swapping my rechargeable batteries in my camera that they are.... GREEN


One of my daughters chose this cheese dish to keep from my mother in law. She then changed her mind and left in on my kitchen window sill. I decided it looked quite good there.


The National Trust logo.



Just outside my door.


The tomato said to the courgette.....


Lovely green leaves.


Then in the garden.


The veg garden 


There are plenty of greens to eat.


Succulents in the sun.


Raindrops on the leaves.


There is some green left in those agapanthus heads and I am still holding out on the secateurs!


Quince 


No apples left on the tree but the leaves are still green.


We bought Brother in Law a Ginko tree.


Green reflections.


A luscious green lawn.


Thanks Eileen for the challenge. Looking forward to the next.






6 comments:

  1. Hooray! Well done! This is a great selection and I'm laughing because I wanted a John Deere tractor, but the only one I saw was on the road, travelling in the opposite direction to me! Also took a photo of a greenhouse (one that was deliberately not green!) but didn't use it. As for greengages, a friend promised me some to photograph but let me down. I love your cabbages and batteries and most of all the reflection. National Trust is clever and ginko reminds me of Japan. It will be bright yellow soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ginko was for sale at Pencarrow house at Cornwall. Brother in Law likes to bring on trees and then plant them around the farm.

      Delete
    2. PS. I'm thinking Eileen should impose some kind of handicap on you for October! Animals - that is so not fair! ;o)

      Delete
    3. What like no farm animals, cats or dogs? Looks like you better put in a visit to London Zoo!

      Delete
    4. Thanks for joining in Maggie. You've certainly found a great selection of green things.

      Is Lady Ella having a bit of a tantrum, just because you live on a farm and she doesn't! 🤣🤣
      I won't impose a handicap but am expecting great things from you ... no pressure!

      Delete
    5. Ha ha! I have been out practicing!

      Delete