Thursday 15 October 2020

Giving a Name to Happiness

 It’s that time of year when around here lots of interesting scarecrows have appeared. The trail is a fundraising event for a local charity called A Siblings Wish which was established in memory of local boy  called Harvey Hext and provides support for bereaved children. The theme this year is Happiness which is a wide but cheering choice. My friend and I went on a little walk round some of them. I thought I would share a few of them with you.

When you buy a map it includes an answer sheet giving all the names of the scarecrows. Each entry has a clue and a category to help match each scarecrow to it’s name.

You maybe able to see that this one is in the TV and Film group. The main clue is in the face.


Not all are actual scarecrows.


Most of you will probably recognise this chappie.


This household always produce a large and elaborate entry. This is obviously The Gruffalo but that is not the actual answer...


The church has a very appropriate choice. The best day of your life.


Then the community shop. 


You probably need to be of a certain age to recognise this happy chap and I guarantee he will start you singing.


Who remembers fuzzy felt?


You can see there has is quite a range of subjects and style!





7 comments:

  1. I'm being dim! I can't get the answers for the gruffalo or the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not being dim some of the clues and answers are a bit obscure. The first one’s clue is ‘Monty’s magic green fingers’ the answer is very vaguely connected to happiness but is a current TV programme.
      The last one the clue is ‘ A happy end to the day’ . The answer is Bedtime Stories..

      Delete
  2. The feather duster was a big clue for the scarecrow with the rather goofy teeth!
    I can't work out number one though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only think of Gardener's World for the first one but I don't see what it has to do with the face. Don't get the Gruffalo one but love Mr Happy. Yes I got 67 for some reason... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely KNEW you would know the first one but have you worked out what the face is supposed to be? It’s a globe....... world.....
      The Gruffalo answer I have given in reply to Eileen.

      Delete
    2. Ah! Globe, very good :o) In that case I'm stuck on the last one (with the rainbow) but I so do remember fuzzy felt! More recently saw it in a museum of childhood! AAAAGH!

      Delete
    3. Yes well that one isn’t very straightforward the clue is hands that help. The options in that section are
      Blagdon good times (that’s another village)
      Book box and sign post
      Church and duck race
      Clap for carers ( I have another that fits this one)
      Friends together
      Pub
      Shop and school
      Support
      The Prince of Barrow Gurney (Another Village)
      I am pretty sure I know which it is.....

      Delete