Wednesday 1 July 2015

Iris in my Garden : Pairs

I am joining in Helena's Pairs today with a traditional Zoom In Zoom Out. I have mentioned before that a lot of my plants have a story. These striking Iris are no exception. I have had them in our garden for some years. My mum gave them to me when we first had our garden. They take up quite a lot of room in a small garden but are well worth it. My mum tells me she got them from my auntie many years ago. Mum's gardener says she has never seen ones like it so goodness knows where they originate from.

So zoom out or lots of Iris.


Then zoom in or An individual Iris.

                          

They are gradually shifting forward so soon I will have to move some before they reach the lawn.


7 comments:

  1. they are fabulous and so nice to have them in abundance

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are beautifully striking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Maggie, Im sorry I haven't been around lately. These Irises are so pretty. I have some exactly the same planted by the people who lived in the house before us 15+ years ago. Perhaps they were a special at Cadbury all those years ago. Mine have been planted in the wrong place and grow like triffids to get some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the zoom in and I'm thinking Miriam is onto something: Cadbury iris - so-called because of the resemblance to the inside of a Creme egg! That's definitely it! (Have a friend who lived in Keynsham and I always wanted to tour the factory. So disappointed when it shut.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the white background on the second one.

    ReplyDelete