Friday 20 July 2018

Colours in Close Up

I still haven't had a chance to show all the pictures that I took at Dyffryn Gardens a few weeks ago. Today I have chosen a few, mainly close up pictures of flowers that cover some of the colour options in the SPSH.
The fernery was an ideal place for plenty of green for No. 6 Glorious Green.


The delicious looking vegetable garden is another option although I also half expect to see Peter Rabbit and Mr McGregor lurking in the background...


The rose garden gave plenty of Pretty in Pink options for No. 11.



The recent shower of rain left drops of water on the flowers.



The lily pond had some more possibilities.



Blue Hydrangeas are something that we can't grow with our lime soil but this one in the gardens is a candidate for No. 15 Out of the Blue.



Then finally No. 20 Mellow Yellow. 



I particularly like this Tulip tree flower with it's fabulous markings.



I can see that the final choices are going to be tricky this year.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful SPSH finds. One of the roses could also work for stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like that striped rose - how unusual. I don't think I've ever seen a tulip tree flower before. You've certainly ticked a few more off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are great selections for the SPSH! That tulip tree flower is amazing; I don't think I've ever seen one.

    ReplyDelete