Thursday 12 July 2018

Take Three Thursday: An Old Cornish Savoury

Today I am using some pictures that I took in my kitchen to join in with Mary Lou's meme Take Three Thursday.
I haven't been doing too much baking the last few weeks apart from what has been totally necessary. It's been far too hot to spend long periods in a sweaty kitchen. This morning it's a teeny bit cooler so I decided to make some savoury biscuits that I found on a Cornish recipe blog called Recipes from a Cornish Kitchen.  The post with the details and ingredients can be seen here.
I have made these once before to share at a picnic. They went down so well that this time I have doubled the quantity. I don't have any dried onion so decided to substitute it with fresh chives. I keep a tub of herbs just outside my back door for just such an occasion. Jolly useful when it is raining hard (rain? what rain?)


They are simple to make and the mixture rolls out with ease. They would be a good choice to make with children.


They hadn't been out on the cooling rack long before Farmer Daughter appeared to sample one. I kind of know that they are not going to hang around for long.


I shall be looking out for some dried onions for next time but am also wondering what they would be like with chopped rosemary in them... What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes try the Rosemary. I've had Rosemary cookies & yes, yummy. Thanks for joining in with Three with such yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete